Early Years Foundation Stage
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework. This sets out the learning development for children from birth to five years old. The EYFS covers seven areas of learning and highlights the characteristics of effective learning.
Seven Areas of Learning and Development
- Communication and Language: The development of children’s spoken language underpins all seven areas of learning and development.
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development: Children’s personal, social and emotional development is crucial for children to lead healthy and happy lives, and is fundamental to their cognitive development.
- Physical Development: Physical activity is vital in children's all round development, enabling them to pursue happy, healthy and active lives.
- Literacy: It is crucial for children to develop a life long love of reading. Reading consists of two dimensions: language comprehension and word reading.
- Mathematics: Developing a strong grounding in number is essential to develop the necessary building blocks to excel mathematically.
- Understanding the World: Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and community.
- Expressive Arts and Design: The development of children’s artistic and cultural awareness supports their imagination and creativity.
Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021
For further information for parents please see https://www.pacey.org.uk/parents/